The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project(s) on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest level of quality, while supervising all trade and field personnel and administering good construction safety practices with all on–site activities. This position reports to the Project Manager.
The successful applicant will have experience with onsite supervision and scheduling of all resources required to construct Commercial and/or Residential projects, from start to finish.
Applicants with less than required minimum experience may be considered for an assistant superintendent role. This represents a great learning position that can easily lead to a full superintendent position.
We look forward to speaking with candidates who want to step into this role and continue a career in a rewarding industry.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget and with quality workmanship that confirms to original plans and specifications.
- Handles on-site paperwork for project including but not limited to daily work reports, delivery packing slips, credit card receipts, and weekly Look Ahead Schedules.
- Follows company’s purchasing procedures while ordering or receiving any needed material and equipment, with delegated authority
- Ability to read and fully comprehend the project plans and specifications
- Maintains positive and respectful relationships with owners, engineers, architects, subcontractors, suppliers and other employees
- Communicates at all times with the Project Management team
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately
- Maintains an organized job site and office.
- Organization: Very organized with a systematic approach to tasks, to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills
- Problem Solving: analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risk, implications and cost
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with and manage diverse personalities while being an interactive member of our team
- Highly Motivated: self-starting and goal oriented individual with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds safely
- Ability to climb ladders
- Knowledge of power tools and large equipment preferred
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
- Professionally and technically competent
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical, and ambitious
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints
Click “Apply Now” to upload your resume and be sure to include the position you’re applying for in the subject line.
The Procurement Associate position will assist with procurement responsibilities throughout the construction project life cycle. This individual will be responsible for helping to support our construction teams with processing material purchase orders, issuing subcontracts, and preparing both general procurement and project closeout documents as needed. This is an entry level position with multiple avenues for advancement within the organization.
- Assist in the preparation of procurement documents and agreements for the materials and services needed to execute the project deliverables
- Assist in evaluations of proposals
- Assist in expediting supplier/subcontractor submittals to support construction activities
- Assist in sourcing and qualifying potential suppliers and subcontractors to provide required goods or services
- Verify supplier/subcontractor pricing, quantity, reliability and industry experience
- Research pricing information, compare prices and quotations
- Inform appropriate personnel on status of purchase orders as requested
- Occasionally support the expediting of shipments for timely deliveries
- Support and coordinate with other departments as required
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- On a given day, your work might include:
- Generating and proofreading purchase orders; verifying vendor product information, shipping information, delivery dates, budget codes, taxes and other related information
- Generating drafts of subcontractor agreements
- Submitting Request for Quotes (RFQ's) to suppliers and subcontractors and reviewing bids
- Preparing project submittals
- Preparing project closeout documents
- Resolving issues pertaining to related purchase orders
- Some level of higher education is preferred, but not necessarily required with equivalent or relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the construction industry and familiarity with building material
- Time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong communication skills
- Works well in teams
- Strong financial/analytical acumen
- Independently motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly excel
- Results oriented
- Effectively interfaces with all levels and departments within the organization