The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project(s) on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest level of quality, while supervising all trade and field personnel and administering good construction safety practices with all on–site activities. This position reports to the Project Manager.
The successful applicant will have experience with onsite supervision and scheduling of all resources required to construct Commercial and/or Residential projects, from start to finish.
Applicants with less than required minimum experience may be considered for an assistant superintendent role. This represents a great learning position that can easily lead to a full superintendent position.
We look forward to speaking with candidates who want to step into this role and continue a career in a rewarding industry.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget and with quality workmanship that confirms to original plans and specifications.
- Handles on-site paperwork for project including but not limited to daily work reports, delivery packing slips, credit card receipts, and weekly Look Ahead Schedules.
- Follows company’s purchasing procedures while ordering or receiving any needed material and equipment, with delegated authority
- Ability to read and fully comprehend the project plans and specifications
- Maintains positive and respectful relationships with owners, engineers, architects, subcontractors, suppliers and other employees
- Communicates at all times with the Project Management team
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately
- Maintains an organized job site and office.
- Organization: Very organized with a systematic approach to tasks, to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills
- Problem Solving: analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risk, implications and cost
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with and manage diverse personalities while being an interactive member of our team
- Highly Motivated: self-starting and goal oriented individual with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds safely
- Ability to climb ladders
- Knowledge of power tools and large equipment preferred
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
- Professionally and technically competent
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical, and ambitious
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints
Click “Apply Now” to upload your resume and be sure to include the position you’re applying for in the subject line.Apply Now